Thursday, March 22, 2007
Another Darwin Award nominee
Let's see . . . Convenience store is closed -- check.
Use trash bin to climb up to roof -- check.
Rip open rooftop grill vent -- check.
Lower myself through the grill vent and into the store -- oops.
A worker at the Express Mart in the 7400 block of Harry Hines Boulevard entered the store about 9:30 a.m. and found a pair of legs hanging through the vent hood above the grill, said Dallas police Senior Cpl. Janice Crowther.
The man apparently got stuck and suffocated, she said.
Dallas Fire-Rescue responded to the scene and had to use special cutting tools to remove and pull the body back out from the roof, she said.
The real question is, will this idiot's family sue the store owner for wrongful death? I mean, the owner should have known that someone would try to break in through the roof and taken steps to make it safer, right?
Here is the video. I hope nobody else in the area needed a fireman this morning . . . this clown seems to have tied up quite a few of them.